Travel from Australia / New Zealand
Australian and New Zealand passport holders do NOT require a (Schengen) visa for a short stay of up to 90 days to enter France.
You will need to apply for a French visa to enter France if you are travelling on a Chinese passport or are a citizen of certain other countries.
|Who needs the Visa
|Complete the France Visa Application
Schengen Visa / Short Stay < 90 days
New Zealand Applicants
|Book an Appointment
Applicants > 11 years must travel to Wellington NZ or Sydney AU to apply for their visa in person.
The online visa booking system is run on a 60-day period: you can book an appointment at least 2 months in advance.
You cannot apply for your visa more than three months prior to your intended trip
SYDNEY (Consulate-General) – VISA SECTION
WELLINGTON (Embassy) – VISA SECTION
General required documents for a France Visa Application:
- Download the France Visa Application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the France Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a French Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel visa insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within France and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of a visit to France and itinerary
- Flight ticket reservations. Find out how to get a flight reservation for France Visa Application without paying the actual flight.
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in France.
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay. As the European Commission specifies, any foreigner seeking to enter France, since 19 June 2014, when applying for France Visa must be able attesting to the France Embassy or Consulate possessing the daily money amount of 120€ if holding no proof of prepaid accommodation. If the applicant has a prepaid hotel, then this amount reduces to 65€/daily for the period of covered hotel accommodation, while the rest is 120€. Also, in case the applicant proofs cheaper forms of accommodation the amount decreases to 32.25€/ day.
- Step by Step guide for AU visa application – https://au.ambafrance.org/Visa-application-process-STEP-by-STEP
- A guide for NZ visa application – https://nz.ambafrance.org/Schengen-Visa-Short-stay-less-than-3-months#How-long-will-the-application-take-to-process