The Excursion Deposit is non-refundable (unless your Application for Enrollment is not accepted or the Tour does not proceed).
Cancellations made with more than 90 days written notice prior to departure – Full Refund minus a $600 cancellation fee
Cancellations received more than 45 days and less than 90 days written notice prior to departure – Refund of 50% of Tour Price
Cancellations received with 45 days or less written notice prior to departure, or after ticket issue – Nil Refund
Cancellations received after Departure – Nil Refund
Written notification of cancellation should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
With respect to cancellation of confirmed tours in the event of perceived threats, heightened risks, natural calamities and the like, claims for refunds may be made through travel insurance. Insurance generally covers refunds in these circumstances if the New Zealand / Australia government issues a “do not travel” and flights are banned etc. IF it is a discretionary decision to cancel however, insurance does NOT cover refunds.
However, ABBEY has agreed favourable payment / settlement terms with most of its suppliers. This means that Abbey can refund some of the tour moneys paid. This obviously depends on the time to departure. For example, airfare balances are due usually 6 – 8 weeks prior to departure and then we would request refunds from the airline etc.
Can we add destinations or activities other than what has been quoted in the Flyer?
Yes, we can work around the itinerary provided the destinations and activities are feasible. Please note that the Itinerary in the flyer has been carefully thought out keeping in mind the costs and fatigue factor for the students. The quote has been arrived accordingly. Any change or additions will incur new costs and the quote will change accordingly.
General required documents for a France Visa Application:
- Download the France Visa Application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the France Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a French Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel visa insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within France and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of a visit to France and itinerary
- Flight ticket reservations. Find out how to get a flight reservation for France Visa Application without paying the actual flight.
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in France.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay. As the European Commission specifies, any foreigner seeking to enter France, since 19 June 2014, when applying for France Visa must be able attesting to the France Embassy or Consulate possessing the daily money amount of 120€ if holding no proof of prepaid accommodation. If the applicant has a prepaid hotel, then this amount reduces to 65€/daily for the period of covered hotel accommodation, while the rest is 120€. Also, in case the applicant proofs cheaper forms of accommodation the amount decreases to 32.25€/ day.
Check the website for more details – https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/france-visa/
Making an Appointment at the French Consulate / Embassy
- The Visa appointment can be secured 3 months prior to the departure date only
- The applicant needs to start checking the appointment dates a month prior to the required date of the appointment
- The appointments can be booked at various French Embassies / Consulates in Australia
- Where to apply in Australia – https://au.ambafrance.org/Where-to-apply-6085
- Step by Step guide for visa application – https://au.ambafrance.org/Visa-application-process-STEP-by-STEP
Many teachers request that parents put in some money (such as $100) for a Contingency Fund just in case, which is refundable if not used. The main thing would be payment for a hospital admission or doctor visit. Other schools take a school credit / debit card to use for such occasions because it could be up to $1,000 payable on admission for non residents.
Group Flights don’t necessarily mean group discounts. The benefit of the group booking is that an airfare is agreed (i.e. contract based on algorithms of loads at request & time to departure etc), then secured with a seat deposit. Then we have a long time to collect the money for the fare + get names per passport etc i.e. paying the balance for the flight seats 2 months prior to departure.
So if we were to book these same seats with instant purchase, they would probably be cheaper than the group flight price. But if we booked them when we had all the group names/details the group flight price would be a lot less than instant purchase.
In situation, where there with quite a few students “breaking away” from the return flight, we need to book everyone as group participants so everyone gets the group price and benefits, and ‘break away” students give us their return flight request before we pay the balance on the flight price (we will inform you of the balance payment deadline).
Note that “break away” passengers will have to pay any difference (if any) in airfare for the return trip.
This means that having “break away” students should not affect the airfare for other students.
Among others, we advise you to take:
Insect repellent (personal roll on / spray)
Sea Shoes or old sport shoes you can use on the reef / sea (to prevent cuts on coral etc)
Sunglasses & Hat / cap
Good sport shoes + comfortable sandals
Pen and notebook
Camera and charger
There are many details you will be given prior to departure including Contacts Lists for your parents in case they need to be in touch while you are away, Medical Centres / Hospitals, Emergency Numbers, mobile phones / local SIM cards, how to keep safe / avoid pick-pockets etc.
You will be given an Excursion Manual at the Pre-Departure Meeting (3 – 4 wks prior to departure) which includes the Contact Lists and a very Detailed Daily Itinerary.
A Pre Departure Meeting is held around 2-3 weeks before the departure date. Our Representative will be meeting the parents and students participating in the tour along with the Accompanying Teachers. An Excursion Manual providing a detailed itinerary, contact sheet, travel guide and homestay/room placements is handed out to the students and parents. A comprehensive presentation about the tour will be given by our Representative followed by a Q&A session.
Your passport must have a validity date of at least 6 months from the return date of the trip.
Please provide a copy of the first page of your passport (scanned or photocopied) and if it needs to be renewed, get onto it early!
The Tour Inclusions are specified in the Tour Information Pack. We recommend that participants take an extra $200 – $300 for bus and public transport tickets, discretionary drinks and snacks etc. Gifts and shopping budgets would be in excess of this spending money.
Participants are recommended to take some cash preferably in the currency of the country
It is also recommended that you take money on a card eg Cash passport or from your banking institution that can be used in an ATM with a pin.
We will have an opportunity to brief you further on this topic at the Pre-Departure Meeting approximately 3 – 4 weeks prior to your departure
The documentation states that Tour Deposit is non-refundable. But what if the Tour does not proceed because of insufficient numbers of students?
In this situation, the Tour Deposit is fully refunded providing that we have not paid deposits for airline seats, insurance or other services.
Who do I pay?
Unless otherwise specified by the school, please pay your deposit and any subsequent installments to the School according to its payment instructions.
Please use the Payment Dates and installment amounts set out in the Information Pack for the Tour.
Abbey receives updates from the AU and NZ foreign ministries about health and country situation and we keep students teachers parents informed in case of any concerns. Also participants of all our tours are registered with the respective foreign affairs ministries.
Australian participants are registered through Smart Traveler AU – https://orao.dfat.gov.au
New Zealand participants are registered through Safetravel NZ – http://www.safetravel.govt.nz/
What if I have a Pre-Existing Medical Condition? How will I be covered?
When we receive your Enrolment Form and deposit, and it is confirmed that the minimum threshold number of participants for the Tour to proceed is reached, we will pay deposits to secure group flight seats. At this point we will also email all participants with the Travel Insurance policy including Application Form for completion. Any Pre-Existing Medical Conditions will need to be assessed at this point.
If the group policy does not cover a Pre-existing Medical Condition, you are at liberty to find suitable alternative comprehensive cover independently. Applications unable to be comprehensively covered by Travel Insurance are not eligible to join the Tour. In this case the Enrolment Deposit is refunded.